The responsibilities and duties of the Treasurer's Office include:
Responsible for all funds of the Town and the Municipal Light & Water departments.
Town of Littleton Investment Policy - approved by BOS Nov 2009
Financial Management Policy - approved (rev) by BOS Oct 2013
Issue all debt for the above as authorized by Town Meeting.
S&P Upgrades Town of Littleton's bond rating from AA to AAA
2/27/2014- Standard and Poor's has upgraded the Town of Littleton's bond rating from AA to AAA, its highest rating. S&P defines its AAA rating as "Extremely strong capacity to meet financial commitments. Highest Rating." The rating reflects S&P's assessment of the following factors for the town:
• Very strong economy with access to the Boston metropolitan statistical area (MSA);
• Very strong budgetary flexibility with 2013 available reserves at 23.5% of general fund expenditures;
• Strong budgetary performance and relatively stable and consistent
revenue profile with no appreciable funding interdependence with the
state and federal government;
• Very strong liquidity characterized by strong cash levels to cover
both debt service and expenditures and demonstrated capital market
• Very strong management conditions and strong financial policies and practices that we believe are embedded and sustainable
Standard and Poor's ratings report on Littleton - March 2014
Payroll and Employee Benefit Administration
Administer the Town employee benefit program for all employees & retirees
See Human Resources for more information
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Saving Accounts
- Tax Deferred Saving Plans
- Retirement Benefits
- Middlesex County Retirement
- Massachusetts Teachers Retirement
Insurance Advisory Committee
Committee of Town & union represenatives that reviews the Town's health plans
Trust Funds & Scholarships
Manage all Trust Funds of the Town, Library & Cemetery with the Trust Fund Commissioners.
The Trust Funds provide funds for annual scholarship awards through donations to the Littleton Scholarship Trust, funding for the Littleton Lyceum, Westlawn Cemetery, Littleton Public Schools & the Rueben Hoar Library. The Trust also awards annual scholarships through the FM Kimball Second Fund and the John C. and Eunice B. Morrison Scholarship Fund
Joint Application for the Kimball/Morrison Scholarships
Responsible for the collection of all past due real estate taxes.
Abutter Lot Sales Program - Town program that sells smaller parcels of land to direct abutters.
Un-cashed Checks Issued by the Town
Steven Venuti, Town Treasurer firstname.lastname@example.org
Ann Essman, Assistant Treasurer email@example.com
Address: Town Office Building 37 Shattuck Street Room 202, 2nd Floor
Hours: Monday - Thursday 8:30am - 4:00pm Friday 8:30am - 12:00pm