Open Space & Recreation Plan Implementation Committee
Minutes and Agendas
Listing files in 'Open Space & Recreation Plan'
In 2009, the Town of Littleton Open Space & Recreation Plan was updated by the Open Space & Recreation Plan Implementation Committee. Read the updated plan.The Open Space and Recreation Plan Implementation Committee is a group of volunteers appointed by the Board of Selectmen to update the 2003 Open Space and Recreation Plan (OSRP), as required for the Town to be eligible to receive funding through various state grant programs.
An Open Space and Recreation Plan, valid for 5 years, is a requirement for participation in the grant programs offered by the Massachusetts Division of Conservation Services (DCS), including the Massachusetts Local Acquisitions for Natural Diversity (LAND) Program, formerly known as the Self-Help Program under 301 CMR 5.00; MGL C. 132A §11. For grant eligibility, communities must
- Have an approved Open Space and Recreation Plan on file with the Division of Conservation Services. A draft plan is also acceptable provided that it was submitted to DCS within the last 12 months. A condition of final payment will be to obtain DCS approval on the final report.
- Submit a proposal prior to acquisition of the subject property (land already owned by the community is not eligible).
- Have no unresolved protected open space conversion issues with the Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs.
- Peter Church
- Vera Cohen
- Andrew Sammarco, Chairman
- Gary Austin, Park & Recreation Representative
- Samuel Bell
If you are interested in serving on this committee, apply to the Board of Selectmen