The Littleton Town Clerk's Office is committed to providing competent, courteous, and efficient service to all residents and non-residents alike, as well as, keeping the integrity of the Office.
The Town Clerk's Office
- Is the chief election official, recording official, registrar of vital records (births, deaths, and marriages), as well as, the public records official.
- Issues state licenses and permits, including marriage licenses, business licenses (DBAs) and renewals, dog licenses, fuel storage licenses, raffle/bazaar permits, and requests for public documents.
- Is responsible for all elections, census and voter registration and absentee ballots, preparation of ballots, voting equipment and voter lists, certification of nomination papers and initiative petitions and reports official election results to the Secretary of State of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, as well as overseeing the polling place and the conduct of all elections and election related activity.
- Records and certifies all official actions of the Town including town meeting legislation and appropriations, Planning and Zoning Board decisions and is the keeper of the Town Seal. The Town Clerk also submits bylaws and zoning ordinances to the Attorney General for approval.
- Administers the oaths of office and maintains appointments and resignations of all Town Officials and bears the responsibility to ensure compliance with the State Open Meeting Law and Conflict of Interest Law by posting all public meetings of government entities.
- Responds to inquiries from the public, as well as, from other departments, boards and committees.