General Payment Information
You have numerous options for payment of Real Estate, Personal Property and Excise tax bills:
- We encourage you to pay your bill online using the online payments link. For more information on paying your bill online, view Instructions for Paying Taxes and Self Service (PDF).
- To look up real estate bills, balances, payments, and assessed value please use the Citizen Self-Service Portal
- For added convenience there is a secure payment drop box located outside the main entrance to the building
- Make a check payable to "Town of Littleton". You may mail your check to:
37 Shattuck Street
P.O. Box 1305
Littleton, MA 01460
- You may make payments in-person during office hours.
Payments must be received in the Collector’s Office before the due date to avoid late charges from being added to the bill.
- Payments should be received on or before the due date indicated on Tax Bills and Notices. Late payments will be assessed interest and late charges in accordance with Massachusetts General Laws.
- If your taxes are being paid by your bank or mortgage company, contact your bank or mortgage company representative immediately to ensure that they have received the appropriate tax information in order to submit payment in a timely fashion. Occasionally lenders will require taxpayers to submit tax bills to them before processing tax payments. Remember as the property owner you are ultimately responsible for fulfilling property tax obligations on your property.
- If you are paying using an online bank check from your personal or business account, please make sure that the correct bill number and bill year are updated for each payment submitted. This enables us to properly identify and post your payment.
- If your Excise Tax is being paid by a Leasing Company, the Leasing Company will be billed directly for the Excise Tax and they will, in turn, send you a bill for the amount of the Excise Tax they paid to the Town of Littleton.
- Payments postmarked on or before the due date may not ensure that late charges will be avoided. Payments must actually be received in the office to avoid further charges. Mail payments early to avoid late charges.
- Checks should be payable to "Town of Littleton"
- Enclose the remittance portion of the Bill with payment to ensure proper credit. If you would like a receipt, enclose a self-addressed and stamped envelope with both the payment, the remittance portion and customer portion of the bill.
- Please do not "post-date" personal checks. It is presumed that all checks may be deposited on the day in which they are received. Remember, it is illegal to submit "post-dated" checks as payment.
- Payments can be made online at any time through our Online Payment System.
- Do not mail cash. Cash payments may only be made in person in the Collector's Office during business hours.